Fanxian No.1 Middle School, the full name of Fanxian Middle School, was founded in 1958 and is a municipal key public high school in Fanxian. When it was first built, it was located in the old town of Fan County. It is 222 meters long from north to south and 222 meters long from east to west, covering an area of 73.926 acres. The school completed its overall relocation in August 2011, and is now located north of Banqiao Road, Fanxian New District, south of Huanghe Road, and west of Yingbin Avenue.
At present, the east and west campuses are connected together, covering an area of more than 380 acres with a total construction area of more than 180,000 square meters. There are currently 800 faculty members and nearly 10,000 students.
The East Campus now has a teaching comprehensive building, a section of the Junyi Library that integrates experiment, reading, and office, a plastic playground, four student apartment buildings, and a student cafeteria. At the same time, it can accommodate 1,800 students. There is a lecture hall on the first floor. Teaching facilities such as student computer room and teacher's electronic classroom are also readily available. The elegant environment of Taoli Garden, the solemn and elegant flag-raising platform, the profound "tender bud" sculpture, and the gallery drawing board, celebrity bust, and "Qinwei Path" sculpture, etc., symbolize a garden-like environment and a strong cultural atmosphere. School has begun to take shape.
The western campus covers an area of 154.5 acres, with a construction area of 98,000 square meters. There are 4 teaching buildings, 1 administrative art building integrating book reading and experimental office, 1 three-story restaurant, 6 student dormitory buildings, 1 teacher's apartment building, and standardized plastic sports fields.
The school currently has 6 super teachers, 89 teachers, 206 teachers with intermediate titles and above; 5 backbone teachers, 60 provincial backbone teachers and subject leaders, and 90 municipal backbone teachers.